The Makita 2708 table saw is a discontinued product. The Makita Table Saw 2708 has been replaced with the current Makita table saw model 2705. The specifications shown below are for the current model table saw model 2705.
Note that if the Model number has “X1″ after the model number, that means the saw comes with the table saw stand included. The X1 is an option but is available on all current Makita table saw models.
If you are online looking for a Makita 2708 table saw then you are probably either comparing specifications or looking for the best price. I always check the worlds largest supplier of woodworking machines before I buy anything just to put my mind at ease that I’m receiving the best possible price.
The Current Makita Table Saw has a lot of common traits with the older model Makita 2708 table saw. The specs. below are for the current model:
- Motor: Powerful 15. amp, 120VAC
- Motor Speed: 4800RPM
- Safety: Adjustable riving knife and kerf spreader
- Safety: anti kickback pawls which are removable and can be stored in the cabinet
- Table Size: The table size (with the right extension installed) is wide enough to rip full sized sheet stock
- table top is aluminum to save weight and is machined to be extremely flat
- Maximum Cut Depth: 3 9/16″ at 90 dgrees and 2.5″ at full blade tilt of 45 degrees
- Maximum Dado Width: 13/16″
- Brade: The motor comes to a stop very quickly due to the use of an electric brake system
- Rip Capacity: Maximum rip capacity is 25″
- Miter Slto: Table top has a 3/8″ by .75″ miter slot machined in
- Blade Storage: Blade can be dropped below the table surface for safer storage and transport
- Fence Lock: Included rip fence has a cam locking mechanism that does not allow the fence to ‘creep’ when cutting